The holiday season is a joyous time, but unfortunately, it is also top season for theft. If you walk around your neighborhood, it isn’t hard to see all the holiday deliveries left on porches of unsuspecting homeowners. Protecting yourself from theft is all about prevention. To avoid being a victim of holiday theft:
- Have your deliveries sent to your work (if allowed)
- Request valuable shipments be held by the shipper for in-person pickup. Most major shipping companies even have apps now that can help streamline this process.
- See if your shipping company has additional options. Amazon recently introduced “lockers” where they will place your shipment in a locker with a special code just for you.
- Does a retired relative live nearby? Have packages delivered to them. It is always a great opportunity to see family anyway.
- Sign up for delivery notifications. Many companies send this to you by email, but many carriers have text message notifications.
- Install a home surveillance system that focuses on the area where your packages are delivered. A pricier alternative if you can’t always be there to monitor your home.
- Discuss with your neighbors to keep an eye out for unfamiliar vehicles.
Enjoying the holiday season is easy, but preventing theft isn’t always. We hope your holiday season is free of criminal activity.
It is our goal at Head and Malesis Insurance to provide you with the service you deserve and the knowledge you expect. Head and Malesis Insurance has been providing Washingtonians with insurance options for 30 years! We value each of our clients and want to do everything we can to exceed your expectations. We are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, advise you when needed and provide you with an overall, positive insurance experience. If you want to discuss your home, auto or other insurance needs, please feel free to call our agents or visit us online on our insurance website. We also provide life insurance.